Tuesday 1 October 2013

Assessment Tools for Student Created iBooks

I believe iBooks are a great way for students to find creative ways to share their learning, as I have talked about in my blog post My Relationship with iBooks Author. Some teachers would find it hard to implement digital tools for learning as it’s hard to find ways to assess them. Here are some rubrics I have used for assessing students’ iBooks for different tasks.


1. Precalculus Conic Sections    This was my first attempt to use iBook as a student project. This was a once off major project. Below is the instruction sheet given to students and the assessment rubric. We have also taken a class time for peer assessment which I modified the below rubric for simple student use.





2. AP Calculus AB Limits Activity    In our AP Calculus classes we had decided to utilise the iBook throughout the year to log the learning that happens with the activities we do in class. Following was done for researching different aspects of the use of limits. Instructions sheets and assessment rubric is given below.   






3. Calculus Year Long Project    In my Calculus class, I use the iBook for the year long project for Student-Led Project Based Learning (details in my Piloting Student-Led Project Based Learning post). Below is the rubric that I use to assess each of the iBook chapters student submit.


Feel free to download and use any of these documents as you see fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment